Ethris is an SME biotech company which develops messenger RNA therapeutics. Ethris was founded in 2009 and has currently 50 coworkers. Ethris is specialized in pulmonary applications of mRNA therapeutics but has substantial experience with the application of mRNAs in multiple tissues and organs, notably in bone regeneration. Ethris has established a broad patent portfolio in the field of mRNA therapeutics. Recently, Ethris has signed a research and collaboration agreement with MedImmune/Astra Zeneca to develop multiple new targets for investigation in the diseases of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis based on Ethris’ proprietary SNIM® RNA technology.
Main task in the project
- Generation of SEMA3A, VEGF, PDGF-B and BMP-7 cmRNAs.
- Demonstrating and characterizing cmRNAs functionality and inducibility of protein expression in vitro.
- These functional RNAs will be provided to the project partners of different work packages.
- Establishing the necessary quality control and quality assurance structures (e.g. method validation, SOP generation etc.) ensuring the transition of mRNA production process to a Contract Manufacturing Origanisation (CMO) for GMP production of cmRNA.
- WP2: Provide cmRNA for development of carriers
- WP5: Provide Sema3A cmRNA for in vitro and in vivo experiments
- WP6: Provide Vegf and Pdgfb cmRNAs for in vitro and in vivo experiments
- WP7: Provide Bmp7 cmRNA for in vitro and in vivo experiments
- WP8: Provide cmRNA(s) for proof-of-concept preclinical studies
- WP9: Due diligence of CMOs, establishment of SOPs, tech transfer for GMP production