University of Bordeaux (BIOTIS/LCPO°)
The University of Bordeaux (UB) is a multidisciplinary, research-focused and international university which is ranked among the top French universities for the quality of its academic courses and research. BIOTIS, a joint research unit from Inserm (U1026) and UB, develops competitive strategies for bone, vascular tissue engineering and biofabrication technologies, carried out i) in vitro by improving the knowledge on the fate of stem cells within matrices for bone tissue regeneration, ii) by developing different tools for biofabrication using technologies developed by ART BIOPRINT (microextrusion, laser assisted bioprinting...); iii) in vivo: thanks to clinicians in BioTis, numerous experimental models have been developed, in small and large animals, allowing pre-clinical and clinical research. The Laboratoire de Chimie des Polymères Organiques (LCPO) is a joint research unit (UMR 5629) affiliated to UB, CNRS and INP Bordeaux. Research activities at the LCPO-CNRS focus on the development and characterization of functional polymers for targeted applications such as Life sciences. Current research includes also polypeptide and polysaccharide-based block copolymers self-assembly, biomimetic approaches toward design of synthetic viruses and cells as well as drug-delivery.
Main task in the project
- i) Development and characterization (physicochemical and biological) of a functionalized and bioprintable material; ii) Define the optimal 3D printing conditions for material design (WP3).
- Biofabrication procedure development for the creation of the composite 3D matrix (WP4).
- In vitro and in vivo assessment of the functionality of cmRNA SEMA3A combined with fHA – CaP for promoting nerves recruitment (WP5).
- Data analysis for angiogenesis and osteogenesis analysis, respectively (WP6, WP7).
- Assessment of the combination of all cmRNA with fHA – CaP in critical size bone defects in rat models (WP8)
- Exploitation and Regulatory aspects (WP9).
33076 Bordeaux Cedex