The main objective of the cmRNAbone project is to create a novel bone regenerative therapeutic approach based on a combination of chemically modified RNA vector systems embedded in a 3D-printed guiding material tailored to the needs of trauma and osteoporotic patients.
To this end, cmRNAbone aims to:
- Develop chemically modified RNA encoding specific proteins targeting neurogenesis, vasculogenesis and osteogenesis
- Ensure safe and optimal cmRNA delivery by vehicles based on lipid and polysaccharide nanocapsules
- Synthesise and characterise a biomaterial matrix that can be loaded and release cmRNA vectors
- Optimise the 3D-printed cmRNA-based therapy and demonstrate the effective bone tissue regeneration in a comprehensive experimental setting
- Exploit and advance the cmRNAbone regenerative solution for clinical trial readiness